Saturday 22 July 2017

To Puducherry and its a shut down :/

Its Saturday 6:00 AM as I open my eyes and look through the window to see how Chennai looks. Yes, it was my first visit to Chennai and yes a random one. Random visits to places has its own pros and cons. This time the pros - many of my friends in Chennai did not know that I am going to meet them - and therefore the cons, one of my friends already made a road trip plan to Yelagiri :/

On reaching my friend's place, I see another friend who came over previous night post a party. The first thing I asked them was,"What's next?" But all my excitement took a pause as one was ready for his Yelagiri trip and the other was going back to sleep. Inspired Vamshi also slept off :P though the sleep lasted not more than an hour and a half. As my friend and I plan the day to make it as exciting as possible, we found one common thing that we never did and it was a trip to Puducherry alias Pondicherry. We tried booking Puducherry tickets twice through PRTC in the mobile but the web page was not fully loading. Excitement makes you do whatever it can. I took out the laptop, connected it to mobile hot-spot and booked the tickets for 10:30AM.
We took an auto to Koyambedu  and that 35 mins journey had some learning - thanks to the auto driver. After asking about our whereabouts he started talking to my friend in Hindi and to me in Telugu adding some English sentences in between. Three things he was very sure of,
1. Enjoy and roam around as much as you can before getting married
2. See good as well as bad of the world and that's life is for you. It is like a game.
3. Keep in touch with your good friends.

Infinite white land on the way to Pondy
Stepping into Koyambedu bus-stop took us for a shock as we did not see even one Puducherry bus. On enquiring, we got to know its a bundh in Puducherry :O

The first thought that came up in my mind was, 'What about Puducherry trip?' Second, 'What about the money spent on the tickets?' Lastly, 'How did PRTC let me book the tickets when their buses aren't running??'

We some how managed to get a TNSTC bus to Puducherry :) As we traveled along the coast line, the only thing I could see for majority of time was infinite white land. Both of us were feeling super sleepy as that fresh cool wind races through the window over our faces.
Street view - White colony

As we reach Pondy at ~2:30 PM, it was all deserted with all the shops closed expect one, chai dhukan :D We were super hungry and got some sandwiches to eat. Time flew as we roamed around the French colonies and the Rock beach. Towards the evening, we got into a beach side restaurant- risque and the view was just amazing :)


View from hotel - Risque

By 7:00 PM, all the shops were back to life and it did not take us a second thought to get into one amazing restaurant. Had lunch, breakfast and dinner together :P As people started coming on to the roads, the environment got better.  We sat at the rock beach, silently watching those waves reaching out to the shore and getting pulled back into the sea.


That was how a random one day visit to Pondy left us with great memories.

Rock Beach
GMT Ice-creams - Must have


Night view from Rock Beach




Make sure you travel to different places and experience the new you :) Cheers to travelling!




2 comments:

  1. Nice one
    :) You can go for such trips even after you tie the knot later :)

    ReplyDelete