Wednesday 5 July 2017

When my Sunday saw Tamil Nadu for the first time - Krishnagiri Dam it is :)

If it is one of those weekends when we don't have any plans at all, crazy questions come up knocking our brain...
Is this the life you want to live?
Is this the place you want to spend your weekend?
Is it worth for those unlucky friends who work even on weekends feel jealous of you?
Is it worth calling it a weekend?
Is it worth listening to 'Cheap thrills'?
blah blah blah....:p :p

Yes.....2nd of July, 2017 was one of those days for me :\ And I heard Mithila saying that "its okay not to have a plan" and i was like seriously?? (hahaha just kidding. Mithila said on a slightly different context though). Okay, coming back to 2nd July, around 10am I thought I should go out to a place near-by so I that I can be back by night. Thanks to Google Maps, I found Krishnagiri Dam :)

Hosur Bus Station
Waise, Krishnagiri Dam is in the district called Krishnagiri :p and is about 100 kms from Electronic City (that's where I live). Took a bag and started filling it up with things I felt relevant. They were - mom made chips, 4 bananas, a dairy & a pen (borrowed from flatmate), mobile chargers and a selfie stick (this is something new for me :p). As I wear my bag, I felt it was too big for the things I was carrying :p That black sweater lying on my bed helped me ;)

As I start for my so called unplanned plan, I don't see any KSRTC buses running on the roads. Finally got one and reached the main road from where I got a bus to Hosur.
On my way to Krishnagiri
As I took the bus to Krishnagiri, that one hour journey showed me few peaceful sceneries. Once I reached the Krishnagiri bus station, the Google map pointed the Dam ~20 Kms away. Took an auto, a bus and an auto to reach the dam. It was 4:10pm by then. There were good number of visitors and seemed like most of them are frequent travelers to this place. Looking that those ways riding on the water restlessly was an amazing experience as always.

Beautiful view from the Dam
Children were innocently trying to shout as loud as possible as they expect an echo of their voice :) Realizing their strength, they waited for few more friends to join and gave another shot. That's team work for you. People feel team work is taught in closed rooms when kids do it better while playing a cricket match on the streets. I really feel there is a lot of change a kid goes through in terms of confidence, truthfulness, team work and openness to learn from people across ages and capacities. A cultural shift is required in the society and as mother Teresa said, "What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family".

Man fishing
As I walk through the park developed besides the dam, I saw some idols which must have looked great they were actually made. Looked like the park was not maintained properly. I saw people fishing as they were sitting at the edge of a bridge beneath which there was water flowing. This scene reminds me of the patience we have these days. With technology ensuring faster responses and faster ways to communicate to anyone across the globe through various channels, many of us have forgotten the art of patience and ways of dealing it gracefully.


With various such thoughts boggling round my head, I choose to start my journey back to the city. I reached by 9:30pm. Had a lovely day with new experiences and thoughts. Hope to have many such small trips in coming times. And I would surely encourage each one of you to travel to places - new people, culture and environment would surely make you a better person. Thanks for bearing with me in this journey. Cheers!

#Vast #Peace View from the Dam
[Please share your feedback/ opinions. They would surely help me :)]






4 comments:

  1. Well written Vamsi. Welcome to the wanderlust club and happy exploring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you try to connect to Nature, it is always a beautiful experience, well written 🙂

    ReplyDelete